Thursday, April 18, 2013

Man vs. Van #1

Right so. We went mad a few months ago and bought a used campervan. It's an LDV Convoy in it's (as I later found out) School-Bus variant. We thought, at the time, that all we had to do, really, was hand over the money and we'd be away. The shell on our backs, as it were - and it ain't fast, so the snail analogy works on a couple of levels.

But as it turned out, things weren't quite that simple. To get this thing legal and roadworthy I've had to spend a bit more time and money than originally planned, and we haven't even spent a night in it yet. It WAS insurable, taxable, and certified roadworthy when I bought it - I'm not THAT much of a car-tard - but somehow the simple fact of the change of ownership drew the wrath of the Insurance & VTN gods. I'll be posting some of the things I've found out about campervans in Ireland here when I can; hopefully the information will be of some use to someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment